Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What happened to Jesus’ Father?

Did he take his divinity and leave?
That is a good question, as you probably know Jesus went to the Father.
" I go to the Father...to the right hand of God"
..Joh 14:28; 1 Pe 3:22

In the mind of Christendom Christ has usurped the throne of God and taken the place of the Father.
The slogan we hear and see everywhere is Jesus is God.

This is part of the foretold apostasy before the great day of Yahweh.

1 Tim 4:1" But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons"

Mungri

Poster
To this day I do not accept Jesus as divinity, and it is the main reason why I will never be religious.

God is divinity, Jesus his actual or metaphorical son. I do not believe there is biblical or religious evidence supporting the idea of the holy trinity - merely God as divine and the rest of the prophetic figures working for God's divine plan.

To this day I do not accept Jesus as divinity, and it is the main reason why I will never be religious.

God is divinity, Jesus his actual or metaphorical son. I do not believe there is biblical or religious evidence supporting the idea of the holy trinity - merely God as divine and the rest of the prophetic figures working for God's divine plan.
The word divine in the Bible is used to refer to something holy or spiritual, and has a wide range of interpretations. It can refer to God, the power of God, to angels or even demons, to the supernatural, or to the afterlife.
Wouldn't it follow that Christ can be viewed as divine ?

Mungri

Poster
The word divine in the Bible is used to refer to something holy or spiritual, and has a wide range of interpretations. It can refer to God, the power of God, to angels or even demons, to the supernatural, or to the afterlife.
Wouldn't it follow that Christ can be viewed as divine ?
I've read two separate versions of the bible - New International and I think King James was the other one, plus the Quran via the iQuran app giving a side by side English translation.

From the bible I never got that impression. From both the violent and aggressive parts put me off. Even in the new testament - 'Women are not allowed to speak before men, Christians are not allowed to associate with non Christians, when Jesus returns, eternal damnation for all non Christians'. Idgaf however many modern Christians / Muslins want to pick and choose the nice parts either - these are simply manipulation tactics and my avoidant yet defensively arrogant mental health makes me immune to any such manipulations.

Organised religion as it is is atrocious. I very nearly did consider deism, yet instead maintained and developed an 'anti theist' (not atheist) approach to religions. I had the opportunity once to challenge an actual qualified theologian who identified as an 'ignositic' and I found out about and respected that philosophical viewpoint - 'The term 'God' (and divinity) does not exist until there is a singular universal definition of God that all religious people agree with'. Beautifully perfect.

The viewpoint that ignostics take is in line with how it sounds - they are 'ignorant' of 'God / Divinity'. If anyone believes in God, they challenge with 'Define God' ... followed up with 'I / humanity does not accept that as the singular definition of God'. Whereas my position as an anti theist takes up challenging any and all existing definitions.

Yet as I described in a comment elsewhere, I am more than happy to go to church and such if someone I like wants me to go with them. I'm there for my 'genuinely nice Christian friends' only, and I can spot as such when they never make me pray or try in anyway to convert me.

Last edited:

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
iu

Teeaichsee

Poster
Thats the one thing that has always bothered me , With all the single virgins in the world why pick a married woman? Isnt that coveting another mans wife? and i too would like to know more about Mary's husband. so so much i dont know nor understand.

Viking

Legendary
Founder
Do you believe Jesus is the son of the god from the burning bush? Thank you, Skol!

Thats the one thing that has always bothered me , With all the single virgins in the world why pick a married woman? Isnt that coveting another mans wife? and i too would like to know more about Mary's husband. so so much i dont know nor understand.
Hi,
Before they were married Mary became miraculously pregnant, Joseph intended to disolve the engagement, however an angel explained the situation so Joseph made Mary his wife but abstained from having relations with her until Jesus was born.
Mt 1:18-25

Marriage is basically a God established institution.
There is no provision for divorce, however in the Mosaic law God chose not to enforce this standard but nonetheless regulated divorce so that it would not dissolve completely the family arrangement.
Mt 19:3-9; Mr 10:1-11

For Christians the only ground for breaking the marriage was death or fornication in which case the innocent party could remarry.
Marrying someone that was not ""scripturaly" divorced is considered from God's perspective fornication.
Mt 5:32; Ro 7:2-3.

Do you believe Jesus is the son of the god from the burning bush? Thank you, Skol!
Hi,
Act 7:35 ... the angel who appeared to him in the thorn bush.
Also Mr 12:26; Lu 20:37;

According to this it seems that an angel spoke to Moses in Yahweh's name using the busch as a means to confirm it's divine source.

If no other text can be found, I think that adding anything else is pure conjecture.

Mungri

Poster
It is after Christ, the given name to Jesus, bu those who followed him.

Still makes no sense to me for people to worship the messenger / founder of the religion rather than God.

So I just realised, modern Christianity is polytheistic then because theres 3 deities in the Holy Trinity?

yankmenoodle

Elite
Anyone with a step child can tell you what happened to Joseph. Joseph's stepson was actually God. Its hard enough living with a woman who thinks her kid is divine.

2Dogg

Poster
It is after Christ, the given name to Jesus, bu those who followed him.
Wiki says this: "Christ comes from the Greek word χριστός (chrīstós), meaning "anointed one". The word is derived from the Greek verb χρίω (chrī́ō), meaning "to anoint." In the Greek Septuagint, χριστός was a semantic loan used to translate the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Mašíaḥ, messiah), meaning "[one who is] anointed".

Is Yahweh - Jesus & Christ?
Or are they different people?

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Wiki says this: "Christ comes from the Greek word χριστός (chrīstós), meaning "anointed one". The word is derived from the Greek verb χρίω (chrī́ō), meaning "to anoint." In the Greek Septuagint, χριστός was a semantic loan used to translate the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Mašíaḥ, messiah), meaning "[one who is] anointed".

Same being, different persons.

Kind of like you being a brother, son, father all at the same time.

Teeaichsee

Poster
Saul was not a believer either but then he changed his name to Paul. When the creator wants you to know of him you will, he is very capable of introducing himself.

Never argue about god but pray instead for guidance. Even if you dont believe is it really all that hard to live by the golden rule? "do unto others as you would have others do unto you"

Saul was not a believer either but then he changed his name to Paul. When the creator wants you to know of him you will, he is very capable of introducing himself.

Never argue about god but pray instead for guidance. Even if you dont believe is it really all that hard to live by the golden rule? "do unto others as you would have others do unto you"
He did to me.

Still makes no sense to me for people to worship the messenger / founder of the religion rather than God.

So I just realised, modern Christianity is polytheistic then because theres 3 deities in the Holy Trinity?
I am not so sure you get it. Their is no "worship" of Jesus, so to speak.

Acording to the scriptutes Yahweh is the one and only true God, he is the one Jesus prayed to.
God (Yahweh) is Jesus's father.
God is also the one that "anointed" Jesus with Holy Spirit at his baptism this is the reason Jesus is called the Christ, which means as was mentioned the "anointed" one.

When a person is anointed it is usually to fulfill a particular function or role. In Jesus case he came to earth to deliver mankind from inherited sin and to establish the foundation for a heavenly government according to God's plan to restore paradise on earth.

2Dogg

Poster
Acording to the scriptutes Yahweh is the one and only true God, he is the one Jesus prayed to.
God (Yahweh) is Jesus's father.
God is also the one that "anointed" Jesus with Holy Spirit at his baptism this is the reason Jesus is called the Christ, which means as was mentioned the "anointed" one.

When a person is anointed it is usually to fulfill a particular function or role. In Jesus case he came to earth to deliver mankind from inherited sin and to establish the foundation for a heavenly government according to God's plan to restore paradise on earth.
Ok that sure does make much more sense than the following
Same being, different persons.

Kind of like you being a brother, son, father all at the same time.

Top Bottom